- You own the copyright to the text, or at least have right to let me publish it.
- You permit me to publish the text in Chinese and English here on East Asia Student
- The text isn’t too long - no more than about a side of A4 in either language, reasonable font size
- The text isn’t extremely technical / boring . Niche stuff is fine, but no manuals, legal documents etc.
I don’t know if anyone will take me up on this, but the offer’s there so do take it if you’re interested! You can contact me here about getting stuff translated for free.
What’s in it for you
- You get a high quality Chinese to English translation (which will certainly be better than any machine translation).
- You don’t have to pay anything.
- I’ll translate texts in simplified or traditional characters.
- You can get something you wrote published here!
- I’ll link to your site / work if it’s relevant.
What’s in it for me
- I get more translation practice.
- _East Asia Student _readers get to see more translation.
- I get real material that I can translate and publish without copyright being an issue.
- I get to translate texts that I might not have seen or attempted otherwise.
Obviously this isn’t any kind of formal or professional service, and shouldn’t be relied on for anything too important. It’s just a friendly offer that could be mutually beneficial.
So if you’re even slightly interested in getting free Chinese to English translation, please get in contact!